Hitch Puller-Chassis Picker Combo
The Hitch Puller-Chassis Picker Combo combines all of the features of the rail car 5th wheel Hitch Puller with the chassis handling capabilities of the HCP-180C Chassis Picker. The Hitch Puller function is designed for lifting the 5th wheel plates on rail flatcars. The unit has hydraulically-driven telescopic extensions on both sides to reach the hitch easily. The Chassis Picker function operates the same as our HCP-180C model by securely clamping onto the rails of a container chassis. Indicator lights on the unit confirm a positive and secure clamp, allowing the operator to safely lift and transport the chassis.
- Fork Pocket (inside dimensions): 5 ¼” wide, 9 ¼” High set on 68 ¾” centers
- Minimum Width: 91”
- Tare Weight: 6,400 lbs.
- Hitch Puller: 5,000 lbs. on the hook. Maximum hook force limited by the chain. Hooks mounted with shock absorber.
- Chassis Picker: 8,500 lbs.
- Functions: One truck function is required to supply the 2 functions on this unit. The unit has electric over hydraulic valving that enables Hitch Puller Extension/Retraction or HCP Clamping/Unclamping.
- Hitch Puller Extension Arm: 132” center of unit to hook center
- Arm extension/retraction and clamping/unclamping are hydraulic cylinder driven.
- Chassis picker clamping range:
- Fully clamped: 39 ½” between vertical contact faces
- Fully unclamped: 54 ¼” between feet (opening)
- Truck Interface: Fork mounted, chain secured to carriage. Hydraulic interface through one set of a/b lines with electric signals to activate hitch puller or chassis clamp heads. Electric and hydraulic interface use quick connects.